Android AppsYou can browse Google Play for the latest apps. Check out the Android page to enable viewing and inputting Chinese on Android.
- Gboard by Google
- Google Pinyin IME by Google: Although the input method is pinyin, it can be used for both simplified and traditional Chinese. It supports multiple input methods keyboard, handwriting & voice
- Google Zhuyin Input by Google: To input Traditional Chinese, it support multiple input methods - Zhuyin (Bopomofo), Cangjie, Pinyin, Handwriting, Voice
- Google Cantonese Input by Google : it supports multiple input methods - Pinyin (Yale, Jyutping and Cantonese Pinyin standards), Cangjie, Handwriting, Voice
- 嘸蝦米輸入法 Boshiamy IME by 行易有限公司 Boshiamy C&C Ltd. This an app to input Chinese using the Boshiamy input method.
- LIME HD Chinese IME by Android.toload.net. This application offers several input methods like zhuyin, cangjie, sucheng, dayi and more
- 聪明打字: a pinyin based input method. It does do the job but is not so intuitive to use as it focuses too much on predictive text.
- Pleco Chinese Dictionary by Pleco Software. Good dictionary however needs to download data files (26MB). Has a lot of add-ons to enhance it's functionality however they are pricey. GUI could be improved.
- Google Translate by Google. This application has grown in capability over time and now allows you to translate words or text messages to and from Chinese using pinyin, voice input (voice recognition) and handwriting. It can read out the translation (in Mandarin) and show you the pinyin (with tones).
[ < Smartphones]