LinuxTo improve the internationalisation of Linux (and now other open source projects) the Open18N (The Free Standards Group Open Internationalization Initiative) was started. They have a workgroup on input methods (Internet/Intranet Input Method Framework, IIIMF).
To use Chinese in Linux one can use a Chinese distribution or use an non-Chinese distribution and install the necessarcy software.
- Chinese Information Processing (Chinese, but full with links)
- Using UTF-8 with Gentoo
- Chinese Debian mini HOWTO
- Linux Chinese HOWTO (English version from 1998)
- Linux Unicode Programming
- Chinese Unicode fonts for Debian and Chinese fonts in Debian